Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY Poetry



A Tragically Flawed Limerick
He had a wonderful lover.
Alas, she loved another.
When he spilled his guts, she called him nuts,
Crying,"Oedipus, I am your mother!"

Lost Things
I lost my keys.
I looked for them under the couch cushions
And In the dog’s bed,
But I never found them.
I borrowed my mom’s car for the day.
I was still late for work.
My friends said, “That sucks,
But at least you were able to make it.”
Their heads nodded sympathetically.

I ripped a hole in my favorite sweater.
It was my most cozy autumn sweater,
And it was the sweater that I wore
The night I met my husband.
It is made of wool and lingering kisses
And passionate embraces.
My friends said, “That sucks,
But you can always buy a new sweater.”
Their heads nodded sympathetically.

I lost our baby.
It was our first,
And we were so excited.
I was certain it would be a boy,
But we just wanted a healthy baby.
My heart broke when I saw the blood.
I told my friends, “That sucks,
But at least I can get pregnant.
We can try again soon.”
Their heads nodded sympathetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment